The following text is transcribed directly from my writers notebook to illustrate the writing process for this post:
Charlie Sheen’s Christian conversion began when…
The 90s were a more innocent time, except for the ecstasy and shit music…
Lindsay Lohan had pooped in her hotpants and didn’t know what to do so…
[badly drawn scrawl of Lohan pooping herself]
“Toilet humour is only funny when the seat is up,” she murmured sexily to the …
For fucks sake! [this is written several times elaborately in coloured pens and carefully filled in with tippex]
Reasons not to write comedy post:
- Want to read other funny posts on internet
- Room untidy
- Letters need actual physical posting
- Must write other, more interesting factual post for other blog
Ah, ok now we’re talking! [this is written in a speech bubble which is coming from a painstakingly neat cartoon dog in a hat as reference to the hilarious and not-at-all dated movies starring John Travolta and Kirstie Alley]
My opinion on the state of…
In the news today, a lot of options are thrown around like old fishcakes but…
Enda Kenny is a cun–
erm… maybe I’m getting ahead of myself here. Back to basics! [this is a funny pun as words are accompanied by a picture of an actual cartoon head.]
Research on factual post:
- RTÉ news site
- Interesting point made on Wikipedia
- Oh, link to ancient Greece history? Sweet.
- I remember that story…
- Oh, what actress played her?
- She’s ENGLISH? I always thought she was American.
- New movie coming out? Time to google that shiz.
- Wait, factual post. Yes.
It is a serious turn of events when…
[This just has a number of coffee stains on it, which have been drawn over in pen to look like misshapen farm animals]
Reasons not to write factual post
- It’s boring
- It’s sunny outside
- Is 11:40am too early to have a beer? [picture of beer in sunglasses]
- I should be on holiday
- Visit Holiday website
- Check online banking
- Too sad
- Must write comedy blog post to cheer self up
Comedy Blog Post:
Charlie Sheen went…
[Unfortunately the rest of the notebook was actually ripped up... so here are some pictures of cats instead.]
Posted in Staff Writer |